How often do you update the Spotify playlists data?
Due to rate limits on the Spotify API and the large amount of playlists we track, there is a delay between the moment the Spotify playlist is updated and the moment we notice and record this update. We always try to minimize this delay, taking into account all the parameters.
We have built a system to make sure we pick up the most important updates as fast as possible. For Spotify playlists, this system is based on the number of followers of the playlist. We check playlists for updates at regular intervals, this interval is defined as follows:
- More than 100,000 followers: every hour
- Between 10,000 and 100,000 followers: every three hours
- Between 1,000 and 10,000 followers: twice a day
- Between 100 and 1,000 followers: once a day
- Between 1 and 100 followers: as soon as possible, usually once every 3 days
- 0 followers: from time to time
If in some cases you absolutely need us to check a playlist at a given moment to avoid the delay, you can always manually refresh the playlist. On the playlist page, next to the last checked date, click on the refresh button.
Finally, we only record one update per playlist per day. It means that for a given playlist, if we recorded an update in the morning, we will not record an other update until the next day.